A note of gratitude for the Mystery Blogger Award. It has been wonderful to be part of this supportive and incredibly kind blogging community for over half a year already!
I had the honour of being nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the hilarious writer and talented painter (;D) Maddie at Shatter the Fourth Wall – can’t recommend her blog enough to everyone who enjoys reading sharp and witty posts, with a deep meaning to take away.
This award was created by Okoto Enigma, and here is its description in her own words:
The Mystery Blogger Award rules:
So, here we go!
- I hope the cover image counts for a logo. This awesome picture is courtesy of Josh Gross, The Jaguar blog)
- Done! 🙂
- Also done! But once more, a sincere Thank You and a loud shoutout to Shatter the Fourth Wall, not just for nominating me, but for sharing your gifts with us through your cool blog!
- Done! 🙂 To be honest, I don’t know much about Okoto Enigma‘s work here on WordPress, but I do like this idea of yours to spread the love for our favourite blogs openly!
- Three things about me: 1) I currently live in Finland and love every second of it, but my dream country is Spain, though I haven’t been there yet. (It’s a bit like only knowing a celebrity from the screen and still having a feeling you’d be perfect together :D) 2) My biggest dream and the ambition I’m working towards is being a professional writer, without having to compromise pure creativity to demands from the publishers. 3) In my free time, I love walking in nature (especially along the shore of any kind of water – sea, pond, even a bog or a puddle, I don’t care 🙂 ), reading (when I’m in the mood) and watching funny American series in Spanish (this works for any mood 🙂 ).
- https://quickerthanthoughtortime.wordpress.com/; https://scatterbrained.blog/; https://peacieb.wordpress.com/; https://dailylifeword.wordpress.com/; https://mystorieswithmusic.com/
- Will do! 🙂
- 5 questions to nominees, starting with a weird one! 1) What’s the strangest situation you’ve ever found yourself in? Sth that really made you think “Well, never thought THAT would happen…” 2) What is the one thing you value most in life, and why? 3) Tell about one event that turned your life in a completely new direction. 4) How are you following your dream(s) right now? 5) If you could have one wish come true, no matter how crazy or impossible, what would it be?
- As I can’t possibly be objective about my work, here are 3 of my best posts that you, my dearest readers, liked the most: Let’s talk faith, Never fail at anything again and Living a life of purpose is easier than you think.
And now, I’ll answer Maddie’s questions from her nomination post:
- What made you first start your blog?
Desire for self-expression and for more practice in writing.
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
As a spiritual person, inspiration is something I don’t purposely try to draw from anything or force – it finds me when I’m in a receptive mode, and then I run with it. It’s sometimes difficult to lock yourself up in the room and write out a whole post exactly when you feel inspired, especially when that happens at 2am when you’re about to go to sleep or in the middle of the day when you’re going about your business. I swear, once inspiration found me at the airport when going I-don’t-remember-where with my boyfriend. I had to stop at the bathroom, lock myself up, and write all I needed to write. Needless to say, my boyfriend was surprised that he had to wait for 20 minutes there. 😀 Good we had plenty of time before the flight! But even when inspiration comes in the most inconvenient times, the feeling I get right after writing it out – completely light and clear – is just divine, wouldn’t trade it for the world.
- Do you trust anyone with your life – who and why?
Yes, the people I love. My family, my partner. They mean the world to me, and I can trust them with anything. I don’t exactly know what “trusting someone with your life” means, but I would imagine it as something like you give them an instant destruction button for your body that came in the box which you were shipped in, and hope they will never press it. 😀 If this is the case, I would totally give them the button and know that even if they ever activate it, they had a solid reason to justify the decision. So yeah, if this isn’t complete trust, I don’t know what is. 😀
- What/who is something you deem underrated – this can be an artist, object, experiences etc.
Quiet people. They often go underrated because they don’t scream about what they’re thinking on every corner. But they are usually the ones to take more time to actually think and shape coherent views on life, principles to live by. Not saying that the social and outgoing types are shallow – heck, I seem to be one of them to most people, and I don’t consider myself shallow one bit 😀 – but I do think that people who keep quiet about their ideas, thoughts and achievements sometimes get way less attention than they deserve.
- What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
I’ve had trouble accepting compliments, often suspecting they are insincere, probably due to insecurity. But now I’m better at owning my good stuff along with the bad, and it helps to accept compliments and be grateful for them, without looking for double meanings.
As for the best compliments, I definitely feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I read the comments here on WordPress, for example. Honestly, what readers have said, both on this blog and in response to my comments on their blogs, are some of the kindest, most genuine words I’ve ever heard. As for the best compliment in real life, I completely melted last year when my boss brought me flowers as a goodbye gift and a sign of appreciation on my last day – I had to leave that job due to a move. It was one of the most touching things in my life, and I considered it a compliment for my work.
Phew, this post was quite a bit of work, but totally worth it! Hopefully, it helps you guys learn a bit about me, and I’m looking forward to learning about you from your answers to my questions!
Enjoy your journey!
Thank you for the nomination and for everybody’s support for the past few months ❤ You guys are truly amazing, let’s keep supporting each other and developing our talents!